Game ON is a children’s book created to encourage resilience in our young ones.
Learn about the characters in Game ON below
Game ON contains six characters that mimic the attributes of children. The relatability of the characters is an important attribute to enhance the connection and engagement. The personalities of the characters are as described below.
- Alex: Big, strong and athletic. Alex is exceptionally good at sports and being a leader, however, sometimes Alex uses his strength and size to dominate his friends and situations.
- Dusty: Sensitive, caring and kind. Dusty tries to always approach each situation with a solution and considers how the choices he makes can have either positive or challenging consequences.
- Reina: A quiet, empathic and sensitive character who is very clever and loves to do her schoolwork. Reina can be very emotional and finds it difficult to deal with loud and confronting people or places.
- Macca: A very clever, creative artist. Macca loves to spend his time daydreaming and thinking about new art projects. Macca is very intuitive, calm and easy going.
- Wagner: A very intelligent, methodical character who loves to complete projects and tasks slowly. Wagner can sometimes be a little bit lazy and uses his clever abilities to get other people to do things for him.
- Bella: Very sporty, fit and active. Her friends think she is very pretty. Bella can be very confident and caring, but sometimes can worry about what others think, which can change the way she acts toward her friends.
Game ON encompasses the design and pedagogy to facilitate children’s ability to relate, engage and potentially learn the constructs of resilience identified through this literature review. Below is a summary of both the processes that facilitate resilience learning (such as relatability and belonging, and plasticity) and the individual resilience attributes built into Game ON.